- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Palace: Giroud wonder goal steals the show
Olivier Giroud stole the headlines with a stunning goal as Arsenal eased to a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6.5/10 | Made a couple of routine saves to secure his second consecutive clean sheet.
Bellerin 8/10 | Another superb lung-busting performance from the Spaniard who was always involved going forward and kept Zaha quiet at the other end.
Gabriel 7/10 | Started ahead of Mustafi and didn’t put a foot wrong.
Koscielny 7/10 | Did well to keep Benteke quiet and restricted Palace to few chances.
Monreal 8/10 | A real danger down the left and sent in several dangerous crosses. Back to his best today.
Elneny 7/10 | Plenty of energy and helped disrupt any attacks from the visitors in his final appearance before heading off to the AFCON.
Xhaka 7.5/10 | Controlled the game and instigated attacks with his incisive passing. Really finding his feet now.
Iwobi 7.5/10 | Scored the crucial second goal with a decent header to cap a good shift from the youngster.
Sanchez 8/10 | A real live-wire once again as he gave the Palace defence nightmare’s for most of the game and set-up Giroud’s wonder goal. Went close to getting on the score-sheet on a couple of of occasions too.
Lucas 7/10 | Given a rare start and did himself proud with a solid display. Linked up well with his team mates and was always keen to get in behind the Palace defence.
Giroud 10/10 | Missed an early sitter but made up for it with his stunning scorpion kick. His all-round game wasn’t all that but he deserves a 10 just for THAT goal. [Watch it here].
Coquelin 6/10 | On to shore things up in midfield.
Ramsey 6.5/10 | Went close to scoring a late third.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 7/10 | Made an impact off the bench and almost grabbed a goal at the death.