- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal dealt huge injury blow: Sanchez ruled out for 6 weeks
It looks like the November curse has struck Arsenal once again as the Sun are reporting that Alexis Sanchez has been ruled out for six weeks after suffering a calf injury while away with Chile this week.
The Chilean FA released a statement yesterday confirming that Alexis had been ruled out of their World Cup qualifier against Colombian after picking up a ‘low-grade muscle’ problem in training on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old has remained in Santiago where he’s undergoing treatment and awaiting the results of further scans which will hopefully reveal the full extent of the injury.
However, despite the Chilean FA suggesting it was a relatively minor problem, the Sun claim that initial scan results show that Sanchez is facing six weeks on the sidelines meaning he won’t return until shortly before Christmas.
There is still a hope that the further scans will show the injury isn’t as bad as feared, but if the prognosis is confirmed then Alexis is set to miss our huge double header against Manchester United and PSG after the international break.
He’ll also sit out further league games against Bournemouth, Southampton, West Ham, Stoke and Everton while he could be facing a race against time to take on Manchester City just before Christmas.
If these reports prove accurate then it’s a devastating blow to lose Sanchez during a key period which could define our whole season. He’re right in the mix for the title and have a great chance of topping our Champions League group but we’re certainly going to find it difficult without Sanchez over the coming weeks.
Let’s hope these are just idle rumours and the Alexis injury isn’t anything serious….