- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal star hopes to face Man Utd despite suffering ankle injury
Arsenal are sweating over the fitness of Hector Bellerin ahead of our trip to Manchester United after he was forced to withdraw from the Spanish under-21 squad with an ankle injury.
After playing the full ninety minutes during Arsenal’s 1-1 draw at home to Tottenham on Sunday afternoon, Bellerin headed off on international duty with the Spanish under’s ahead of their double-header against Austria.
However, we heard reports on Tuesday that Bellerin limped out of a training session yesterday and now the right-back has been forced to withdraw from international duty ahead of Spain’s Euro 2017 qualifiers.
The Daily Mail claim that Bellerin is en route back to North London to undergo further tests tomorrow after suffering an ankle injury while tackling Danny Rose during Sunday’s draw with Spurs.
The 21-year-old had hoped the problem would ease during training while away on international duty but instead the ankle flared up and now Arsene Wenger is sweating over the results of Thursday’s planned scans.
However, there is some positive news as the Mail claim that Bellerin remains hopeful that the injury isn’t anything serious and he’ll be fit for our huge trip to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United in ten days time.
We’ll have to wait and see what comes of medical tests tomorrow but it would be a huge loss if Bellerin was ruled out for any significant period of time as he’s a vital part of our first team.
Not only have we got a crucial trip to United coming up after the international break but we also welcome PSG to the Emirates the following Wednesday for a pivotal Champions League clash which will determine who finishes top of Group A.
Therefore, let’s pray that Bellerin’s injury isn’t anything serious as the news comes amid reports that Alexis Sanchez could be facing six weeks out with a muscle tear.