- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wilshere set to join London rivals following talks on Tuesday
According to the Daily Mail, Crystal Palace are leading the race to sign Jack Wilshere on a season-long loan deal after the Arsenal midfielder held talks with Alan Pardew on Tuesday afternoon.
News broke on Monday night that Wilshere had been made available for loan after crunch talks with Arsene Wenger where the 24-year-old expressed his concerns over a lack of playing time this season.
The decision was made after Sam Allardyce left Wilshere out of his first England squad with the new Three Lions boss citing a lack of playing time as the key reason for his omission.
Granit Xhaka’s arrival has seen Jack fall further down the pecking order and with Ramsey, Cazorla, Coquelin and Elneny also vying for a central midfield spot, Wilshere has decided a move away from the club is best to kick start his career.
Understandably there has been no shortage of interest being shown but the Daily Mail claim that despite 22 clubs registering their interest, Palace are now the clear favourites to land Wilshere on a season long loan deal.
The newspaper says that Jack met with Alan Pardew on Tuesday afternoon and a move to Selhurt Park now seems on the cards before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm tonight.
However, Sky Sports News claim that Jack also met with Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe on Tuesday night so it looks as though the Cherries are trying to make a late move to hijack Palace’s deal.
Wilshere will make a final decision shortly but despite Bournemouth’s attempts, it looks like Palace remain favourites meaning Jack is set to join one of our London rivals.
I still think this is a bad move for Arsenal as we’re losing a quality player and no doubt we’ll regret letting him leave when the inevitable injury crisis hits during the season.