- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Photos] Mustafi poses in Arsenal shirt after completing £35m move
Arsenal have finally unveilled Shkodran Mustafi as our latest big-money signing on Arsenal.com with the centre-back arriving from Valencia.
After weeks of negotiations, we finally agreed a deal with Valencia last Thursday night with the Telegraph claiming we’ll pay the Spaniards a structured deal that could reach £35m.
The centre-back was soon on a plane to London to undergo his medical with Arsene Wenger confirming after our 3-1 win at Watford on Saturday that Mustafi’s move was on the verge of completion with just paperwork delaying the official announcement.
It looks like the formalities have now been tied-up as we’ve unveilled Mustafi as our latest signing on Arsenal.com tonight with the defender understood to have signed a five-year deal.
After completing the deal, Wenger told the clubs website we’ve signed a ‘great player’ who has plenty of experience for his age.
“He is at the right age. He has good experience. He is a very focused player who can play with the ball as well. We have taken a great player but have prepared well for the future.”
Mustafi is a full German international who’s developed in to one of the best defenders in Spanish football since joining Valencia from Sampdoria two years ago and was once on the books at Everton as a teenager.
With Gabriel injured and Per Mertesacker out until December with a knee injury we desperately needed to bring in an established centre-back and I think Mustafi is going to turn out to be a superb addition to the squad.
His arrival comes just hours after we also confirmed the signing of striker Lucas Perez so it’s been a busy day at Arsenal HQ [and Arsenal Station HQ!].
Here are further photos of Mustafi in his new kit courtesy of Arsenal.com: