- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Ozil & The Ox start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI to face Watford
Arsenal need to pick up our first win of the new Premier League season when we take on Watford at Vicarage Road tomorrow afternoon. This is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with….
Cech is our number one and should obviously keep his place ahead of Ospina.
Defence: Bellerin, Holding, Koscielny, Monreal
I called for Chambers to start at Leicester last weekend but I hold my hands up and say Arsene got it right as Holding was excellent against the Champions. Obviously having Koscielny alongside him helped as the Frenchman was outstanding and those two should continue their partnership tomorrow.
Shkodran Mustafi is on the verge of completing his move from Valencia but he won’t be signed in time to feature in this game so he’ll miss out along with the injured Gabriel and Mertesacker.
Monreal and Bellerin should continue to fill the full-back spots because, well, they are our best full-backs.
Midfield: Xhaka, Elneny
Xhaka made his full debut at the King Power last weekend and I thought he did very well so the Switzerland international should keep his place in the middle of the park tomorrow.
Coquelin was selected last week but the guy just can’t stop getting booked and with Xhaka also known to love a card, I think it’s a risky pairing so would prefer to see Elneny start against Watford.
Ramsey is out until after the international break while Wilshere still appears to be working his way back to full fitness. It’s going to be interesting to see whether Jack can force his way in to Wenger’s starting eleven this year as there is plenty of competition in midfield.
Attack: The Ox, Ozil, Walcott
Iwobi is also out for another couple of weeks with a thigh problem and Campbell has been sent out on loan to Sporting Lisbon. It leaves us a little short of options on the wings so I expect to see Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott start out wide tomorrow.
Wenger has hinted that Ozil could make his first start of the new season after coming off the bench against Leicester last week so Cazorla will be dropping to the bench.
The boss has confirmed that Giroud is still lacking physically so won’t start tomorrow. The imminent signing of Lucas Perez can’t come soon enough but unfortunately he won’t be available against Watford so Sanchez is once again going to have to play through the middle.
This would be my line-up to face Watford:
What would be your line-up? Let me know your thoughts….