- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Player stalls on completing move after Arsenal lodge late enquiry
According to the Mirror, Monaco defender Marcel Tisserand has stalled on completing his move to Espanyol after Arsenal made a surprise late enquiry for his services.
As we all know, Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to sign another centre-back before the close of the transfer window after Gabriel joined Per Mertesacker on the sidelines with an ankle injury.
We’ve been trying to thrash out a deal for Shkodran Mustafi but with Valencia insisting they won’t sell the German international for anything less than his £43m (€50m) release clause, Wenger has been forced to turn to alternative targets.
Several names have been linked in the papers but the latest is Marcel Tisserand with the Mirror claiming that we’ve made contact with Monaco to make a formal enquiry over the players situation.
The 23-year-old has struggled to establish himself at Monaco and is expected to make a permanent move away this summer having spent time on loan with Lens and Toulouse in recent years.
The newspaper report claims that Tisserand was set to sign for Espanyol but has put that proposed move on hold to see if Arsenal’s interest comes to anything after learning of our enquiry.
Tisserand is a DR Congo international who is predominantly a centre-back but is also comfortable playing at right-back so he could provide extra cover for Hector Bellerin if Mathieu Debuchy ends up leaving.
However, let’s be honest, he can’t get a game at Monaco so the chances are he isn’t ready to be a first team regular at a club like Arsenal so I think it’s safe to say most fans would be hugely disappointed if he was the only defender we sign this month.
We need a top class centre-back, an established player who’s ready to come straight in and play alongside Koscielny and Tisserand isn’t the answer.