- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Wenger confirms Arsenal are in talks for £30m star [Sky Sports]
Arsene Wenger has publicly admitted for the first time that Arsenal are in negotiations with Valencia over a deal to sign centre-back Shkodran Mustafi.
The boss is desperately trying to bring in another defender before the transfer window closes after Gabriel joined Per Mertesacker on the sidelines with an ankle injury.
Mustafi has emerged as our prime target with Sky Sports News reporting that the 24-year-old has already agreed personal terms over a move to the Emirates and all we need to do is agree a fee with Valencia.
Sky Sports claim that the Spaniard’s are demanding £30m for Mustafi’s signature but we’re understood to be confident of negotiating a better deal as they need to sell in order to raise funds to meet Financial Fair Play guidelines.
Fans have been patiently awaiting some concrete news and Wenger has now finally admitted publicly that we’re in negotiations with Valencia and are hopeful of getting a deal done.
Wenger is quoted as saying Sky Sports:
“Mustafi? We hope it will be done. He is one of a number of players we are looking at. Negotiations are ongoing.”
If Wenger is happy to say this publicly, then I suspect he must be extremely confident of getting Mustafi and a deal must be on the verge of completion.
Let’s not forget we also reported yesterday that Wenger said over the weekend that he was ‘close’ to securing a signing so I think it’s fair to say that player must be Mustafi.
I’d like to see him arrive in time to face Watford on Saturday but the way this transfer has been going, I think we’ll probably see it drag out until deadline day!
Either way, let’s just hope we manage to get a deal done as it would be a disaster if Wenger didn’t sign a centre-back this month and we shouldn’t forget that we also desperately need to bring in another striker as well.
Tick tock Arsene….