- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal eye unsettled attacker, club will sell at £40m – reports
According to the Mirror, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a move for Yacine Brahimi with Porto ready to sell the unsettled winger for £40m this summer.
The boss has confirmed he’ll bring in a new centre-back this month while he’s also been expected to sign another striker to offer some much-needed competition to Olivier Giroud through the middle.
However, we’ve also been strongly linked with several wingers this summer and the Mirror claim that we’re now eyeing Brahimi after supposedly missing out on Riyad Mahrez following his decision to stay at Leicester.
The 26-year-old was left out of Porto’s Champions League qualifier last week amid rumours he wants to leave this summer and the Mirror claim the Portuguese giants will be ready to do business if a £40m bid is put on the table.
Brahimi has been in great form for Porto since joining the club form Granada in 2014 with the Algerian international chipping in with 10 goals and 11 assists in all competitions last season.
He’s predominantly a left-winger but can play across any of the attacking midfield positions so he’d certainly give Wenger plenty of options in the final third if he was to move to the Emirates this summer – although the report says Chelsea and Liverpool are also interested in the player so we could face stiff competition.
Wenger is clearly struggling to find a top class striker within his price-range and the boss hinted over the weekend that he’s ready to use Alexis Sanchez through the middle this season.
Many took this as a sign that Arsene was no longer looking to strengthen his attacking options, however, I feel it may mean he’s now targetting a wide man who would replace Sanchez on the wing.
Julian Draxler was strongly linked again on Saturday and now we’ve got these reports about Brahimi so maybe Wenger is looking to move Sanchez up front and bring in a winger instead of a striker this summer?
I’m not a huge fan of Alexis up front but if that’s Wenger’s plan, I just pray he manages to bring in a quality winger and either Brahimi or indeed Draxler would fit the bill perfectly.