- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Wenger offers update on Ramsey, Sanchez, Ozil + more
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey and Alexis Sanchez are expected to be involved in our pre-season tour of Scandinavia but Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud are set to miss out.
Alexis flew back to England on Friday after enjoying an extended break following the Copa America while Ramsey is due to resume his pre-season preparations at London Colney today after helping Wales reach the semi-finals of Euro 2016.
The duo obviously didn’t take part in our tour of the United States, which ended with a 3-1 win over Chivas last night, but they are set to be reunited with their team mates with the rest of the squad en route back to England from LA as we speak.
We’ll then have a quick turn-around as the players are off to Norway to take on Viking on Thursday before facing Man City in Sweden on Sunday and Wenger has confirmed that Ramsey and Sanchez should be among the travelling party.
However, Ozil and Euro 2016 finalists Koscielny and Giroud aren’t due to return to training until later this week so the trio are all set to miss the tour to Scandinavia.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
“Not all of [the international players will be back], but Ramsey will be involved, Sanchez will be involved.
“The latest players coming back will not be involved, that’s Ozil, Giroud and Koscielny, they are the last ones and I don’t think they will be involved on the tour on Thursday, but all the others will.”
It’s great to hear that Ramsey and Alexis will take part in the games against Viking and Man City but I still don’t think they will play any serious part against Liverpool on the opening weekend.
They will be severally lacking in match fitness so I expect them to miss the season opener against Jurgen Klopp’s side along with Ozil, Koscielny and Giroud.
Jack Wilshere is also a doubt after picking up a knee injury in training – see more on that story here.