- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger offers update after Wilshere ruled out with knee injury
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Jack Wilshere missed our 3-1 friendly victory over Chivas last night with a fresh knee injury but hopes the issue isn’t a serious one.
Wilshere featured in the 2-1 win over an MLS All-Star XI last week but was not involved against the Mexican outfit in Los Angeles during the early hours of last night.
Speaking after the 3-1 victory, Wenger confirmed to reporters that the 24-year-old is suffering from a new knee [patella] injury but he hopes the problem will only be short-term.
The boss thinks that Jack should be passed fit to go on our pre-season tour of Norway/Sweden on Thursday ahead of games against Viking and Manchester City.
Wenger is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail:
‘It’s a slight patella problem but I think he should be with us on tour on Thursday (for games against Viking and Manchester City). I hope he will, yes.’
Let’s pray this latest injury doesn’t turn out to be anything serious. Jack picked up a ‘minor’ injury in training at a similar time last year and it turned out to be a whole season on the sidelines, and that’s the last thing Wilshere or Arsenal need right now.
This is a HUGE season for Jack and if he endures yet another injury-plagued campaign, the club will have to give serious thought to cutting their losses and selling him next summer.
But fingers crossed he’s able to travel to Norway later this week and play a part in our upcoming friendlies, then put himself in contention to face Liverpool on the opening day of the new season.