- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal keen on deal for £21m Croatian international – reports
According to the Express, Arsemal are showing a keen interest in signing Croatian international midfielder Marcelo Brozovic and could look to secure a £21m deal with Inter Milan this summer.
Brozovic joined Inter on an initial 18-month loan deal from Dinamo Zagreb but the move was made permanent during the January transfer window at the request of boss Roberto Mancini.
The 23-year-old has enjoyed his time in Serie A having scored 7 goals during his 35 appearances so far and his form helped the Italian giants secure a top four finish last season.
It appears the midfielders potential has caught the attention of Arsene Wenger as the Express claim that Arsenal are keen on taking Brozovic to north London and are now weighing-up testing Inter’s resolve with a formal offer.
However, we aren’t the only club interested as the newspaper suggests that Liverpool are also keen on luring Brozovic to England while Spanish giants Atletico Madrid are understood to be keeping an eye on his situation.
So it seems there are some top European clubs in the running and understandably Inter aren’t going to let him leave on the cheap and the Express suggest they will demand £21m to sell Brozovic this summer.
Wenger has already splashed out around £30m on Swiss international Granit Xhaka so I’d personally be shocked if the boss was to spend around £21m on another central midfielder as it’s an area we don’t really need to strengthen.
Xhaka is already going to battle it out with Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin for two central midfield positions next season so I think we’re all-set in that area for now.
The only way that would change is if one of our current players was to leave and there has been some speculation surrounding Ramsey’s future – but I’d be gobsmacked if the Welshman was sold this summer after his superb performances at Euro 2016.
So despite these reports, I don’t think anything will come of these Brozovic rumours. And besides, Wenger should really be saving is money to spend on a top class striker and new centre-back!