- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal ready to hijack £26m move for Colombian hitman – reports
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal are ready to hijack West Ham’s £26m move for AC Milan hitman Carlos Bacca this summer.
Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to bring in another striker after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and we’ve turned to alternative targets after missing out on Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy.
The likes of Gonzalo Higuain and Alexandre Lacazette have been strongly linked with moves to the Emirates but with Napoli and Lyon demanding huge money for the pair, it looks like Wenger may be eyeing a far cheaper target.
That’s because the Express are citing reports coming out of Italy that claim Arsenal are now ready to try and hijack West Ham’s move for Colombian international hitman Carlos Bacca.
The Hammers are desperate to land a big-name striker ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium and the newspaper says they’ve tested AC Milan’s resolve with a £26m bid – but Arsenal are now set to offer stiff competition.
Bacca made his name at Sevilla where he scored 49 goals in 108 games to earn a move to AC Milan last summer but despite netting 20 goals in 42 appearances, the Serie A giants could only manage a seventh-placed finish.
It’s left them without any form of European football to look forward to and Bacca has made it clear he wants to play in the Champions League.
“It’s my dream to play in Champions League and work toward winning it.
“Unfortunately, the failure for Milan to reach the tournament is one of the themes of our discussions with the club.”
Bacca is quoted as saying by the Express
If the 29-year-old is going to leave the San Siro for Champions League football and wants to come to the Premier League then we’ll be the huge favourites as West Ham aren’t in the Champs League next season.
However, I’m not sure how much truth there is behind these latest reports. Bacca is a decent goalscorer but he’s not elite and I think Wenger is looking for top class this summer.
Perhaps if we can’t get a deal agreed for Higain or one of our other prime targets, then the boss might decide to make a move for Bacca but I don’t think that would happen until the closing stages of the window.