- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
[Photos] Alexis Sanchez shares pics of worrying ankle injury
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will be keen to get an update on Alexis Sanchez’s condition after the attacker posted gruesome photos of his ankle on Twitter this evening.
Sanchez was substituted in extra-time during Chile’s dramatic penalty shoot-out victory over Argentina in the Copa America final last night after picking up an ankle injury.
Alexis was hugely disappointed to be forced off and miss the shoot-out, but thankfully Chile held their nerve to seal the win to retain the Copa America with Sanchez later named as the Player of the Tournament.
The 27-year-old has now taken to social media to share some photos on Twitter of his left ankle which is badly swollen and has a huge lump sticking out of it, with a message that translates to say he did everything he could to stay on the pitch but it was worth it:
I held everything I could… and it was worth it! Happy
We’ll have to wait for the swelling to go down before any scans can be undertaken but hopefully there is no serious damage. The good news is it’s the holidays so Alexis can rest up and fingers crossed be fully fit by the time pre-season starts later next month.
Here are the photos he posted on Twitter earlier:
… Aguanté todo lo que pude…y valió la pena!!! Muy felizpic.twitter.com/vMd24DwZPw
— Alexis Sánchez (@Alexis_Sanchez) June 27, 2016