- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
Arsenal eye move for Croatian star but Chelsea also keen
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are considering a move for Croatian international winger Ivan Perisic but could face competition from Premier League rivals Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger is looking to get his business done early this summer as we’ve already snapped up Granit Xhaka while we’ve got an offer on the table for Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy.
However, with Danny Welbeck injured and Theo Walcott tipped to leave this summer, the boss is in the market for another wide attacker to give us another option in the final third.
The likes of Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez and Borussia Dortmund’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan have been strongly linked in recent weeks but talkSPORT claim that Arsenal are now eyeing a move for Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic.
The 27-year-old only joined Inter from Wolfsburg last summer but has been in great for over in Italy having scored 10 goals and provided 6 assists last season to help them to a top four finish in Serie A.
He’s taken that form in to the Euro’s as Perisic has been in superb form for Croatia and scored a stunner in the final minute to secure a 2-1 win over Spain on Tuesday night which saw the much-fancied Croatia side go through as Group winners.
I’m sure it would take a big offer to persuade Inter to sell this summer, especially if he keeps impressing at Euro 2016, while talkSPORT also suggest that Chelsea are eyeing a move for Perisic so a deal is still a long way from happening, but I’d love to see Perisic come to Arsenal this summer.
My preference would still be Mkhitaryan but it looks like he wants a move to Man Utd while Mahrez would perhaps be the safer bet as he’s got experience in the Premier League, but I wouldn’t grumble if we ended up signing Perisic.
He’s predominantly a left-winger so if we did sign him, he would allow Sanchez to play from the right wing with Ozil through the middle in what would be a very tasty attacking three. All we’d need is a top class striker to convert the chances they’d create….