- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Arsenal eye move for Croatian star but Chelsea also keen
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are considering a move for Croatian international winger Ivan Perisic but could face competition from Premier League rivals Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger is looking to get his business done early this summer as we’ve already snapped up Granit Xhaka while we’ve got an offer on the table for Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy.
However, with Danny Welbeck injured and Theo Walcott tipped to leave this summer, the boss is in the market for another wide attacker to give us another option in the final third.
The likes of Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez and Borussia Dortmund’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan have been strongly linked in recent weeks but talkSPORT claim that Arsenal are now eyeing a move for Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic.
The 27-year-old only joined Inter from Wolfsburg last summer but has been in great for over in Italy having scored 10 goals and provided 6 assists last season to help them to a top four finish in Serie A.
He’s taken that form in to the Euro’s as Perisic has been in superb form for Croatia and scored a stunner in the final minute to secure a 2-1 win over Spain on Tuesday night which saw the much-fancied Croatia side go through as Group winners.
I’m sure it would take a big offer to persuade Inter to sell this summer, especially if he keeps impressing at Euro 2016, while talkSPORT also suggest that Chelsea are eyeing a move for Perisic so a deal is still a long way from happening, but I’d love to see Perisic come to Arsenal this summer.
My preference would still be Mkhitaryan but it looks like he wants a move to Man Utd while Mahrez would perhaps be the safer bet as he’s got experience in the Premier League, but I wouldn’t grumble if we ended up signing Perisic.
He’s predominantly a left-winger so if we did sign him, he would allow Sanchez to play from the right wing with Ozil through the middle in what would be a very tasty attacking three. All we’d need is a top class striker to convert the chances they’d create….