- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal on alert as 42-goal world class hitman considers move
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal have been put on red alert as Robert Lewandowski is agitating for a move away from Bayern Munich and is open to joining a Premier League club.
Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in the world and he reinforced that belief after firing 42 goals in all competitions for Bayern to help them land another league and cup double last season.
However, the Mirror seem to think the Polish international is growing increasingly frustrated with life at the Allianz Arena as he supposedly feels like he’s achieved all he can in Germany and is now keen to test himself in a new league.
Obviously a player of Lewandowski’s quality would be wanted by almost any club in the world but the newspaper claims that the 27-year-old is considering a switch to the Premier League with Arsenal among the clubs understood to be interested.
The Mirror goes on to say that while Lewandowski’s representatives are in talks with Bayern over a possible contract extension, he’s told close friends he’s willing to listen to other offers and could push for a move after Euro 2016.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this report as there is plenty of speculation flying around these days, but it’s difficult not to get just a little bit excited by the prospect of Lewandowski joining Arsenal.
He’d be a sensational signing for the club and we’d finally have the world class striker we’ve been crying out for all these years. Can you imagine Lewandowski up front with the likes of Sanchez and Ozil in support? It’s would be a mouth watering prospect, that’s for sure.
However, I personally don’t think anything will happen this summer and even if Bayern did agree to cash-in, I suspect we might face some stiff competition for his signature. Not only would English clubs such as Man Utd, Chelsea and City most likely be interested, but I have a feeling Real Madrid would too.
So it would be an extremely difficult transfer to pull off, but what a signing he’d be if we managed to bring him to North London one day!