- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Rivals could hijack Arsenal’s £20m deal – reports
According to the Daily Star, Liverpool are considering trying to hijack Arsenal’s proposed £20m deal to sign Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy this summer.
All the talk over the past five days has been around our pursuit of Vardy after it emerged on Friday evening that we’d agreed to trigger a £20m release clause in his contract.
The Daily Mail claimed that the 29-year-old verbally agreed a three-year deal worth around £120,000-a-week following face-to-face talks with Arsene Wenger on Friday afternoon.
However, thing started to fall apart on Saturday as a medical reportedly scheduled for Sunday afternoon failed to take place and Vardy flew-out to France with the England squad on Monday after failing to complete his proposed move to Arsenal.
Leicester had made a late attempt to hold-up the deal after offering the striker an improved deal and the BBC reported yesterday that Vardy has decided to put all negotiations on hold until after Euro 2016.
That means Arsenal will have to wait until next month to find out whether he’s going to complete his move to the Emirates or stay with Leicester, and it seems this delay could put our potential deal in further jeopardy.
That’s because the Daily Star claim that Liverpool are now weighing-up a move for the striker and may try and tempt Vardy to snub both Arsenal and Leicester in favour of making a move to Anfield.
The paper says the Merseysiders have been interested in the 24-goal striker for two years and will now decide during the Euro’s whether to step-up their interest and challenge Arsenal for his signature.
Last week, the Mirror reported Liverpool’s interest in Vardy after claiming they had offered higher wages to the striker [£140,000-a-week] in an attempt to lure him to Anfield so the Star aren’t the only paper who beleive Jurgen Klopp is interested.
However, we should still be confident of winning the race for Vardy’s signature if he decides to leave the Foxes as A) we can offer Champions League football and B) Liverpool will struggle to agree a deal with Leicester.
The Mirror claim that Vardy’s £20m clause is only available to clubs in the Champions League so Liverpool will have to try and negotiate a fee with Leicester, which won’t be easy.
So I’m not remotely bothered by Liverpool’s reported interest in Vardy and feel Arsenal will be his next destination if he leaves the King Power. Whether he’s the right player for us in another debate though….