- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Striker agrees 3-year deal worth £120k-a-week but Arsenal fear he’s snubbed move
The Jamie Vardy transfer sagas rumbles on with the Daily Mail claiming that the striker has verbally agreed a three-year deal worth £120,000-a-week but Arsene Wenger fears he’s still snubbed a move to Arsenal.
News broke last Friday that we were in for Vardy with the Mirror reporting that Arsene Wenger had met with the striker to discuss a move to the Emirates after we’d agreed to meet a £20m release clause in his Leicester City contract.
The Daily Mail suggest that at that meeting, Vardy verbally agreed a three-year deal worth £120,000-a-week with the option to extend his stay by a further 12 months.
Everything seemed to be moving quickly and it was thought Vardy could be an Arsenal player by the end of the weekend with a medical reportedly scheduled for Sunday afternoon.
However, Vardy flew-out to France with the England squad on Monday lunchtime having failed to complete the proposed move to Arsenal after Leicester City had made a last ditch attempt to persuade him to stay.
The Mail claim the Foxes have offered the 29-year-old an improved contract which comes close to what we’ve put on the table and the newly-crowned Premier League champions are believed to be increasingly confident he’ll choose to remain at the King Power.
The Mirror are also reporting that Wenger fears Vardy has snubbed the move to Arsenal as the boss feels the striker would already have signed on the dotted line if he really wanted to move to the Emirates.
Vardy supposedly promised to give Wenger a definitive answer before he left for France yesterday but the player failed to make contact leaving Arsenal fearing he’s leaning towards staying at Leicester.
It’s become a real mess and if these reports are accurate, then I think WE should pull out of the deal. If Vardy even has to think for one second about whether to leave Leicester for Arsenal Football Club, he’s not the right player for us.
So if Vardy has really left us hanging while he mulls things over, then I say call things off and move on to other targets. Jamie fricken Vardy isn’t worth all this hassle. He should be jumping at the chance to join AFC.
Fair play, he obviously has an emotional tie with Leicester and I actually think he should stay as he owes them at least one more year and to lead them out in the Champions League, but dragging things out like this is embarrassing for all parties involved.