- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Player keen on Arsenal move as club agree to sell 23-goal midfielder
According to the Mirror, Borussia Dortmund are ready to do business over a deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan and the attacking midfielder is keen to make a move to Arsenal this summer.
We’ve been reportedly tracking Mkhitaryan for some time and ESPN claimed yesterday that while we also hold an interest in Leicester City’s Riyah Mahrez, the Dortmund attacker is Arsene Wenger’s priority target.
It looks like we’ve now been handed a major boost as the Mirror are reporting that Dortmund are now ready to cash-in on the Armenian international after failing to agree terms over a contract extension.
Mkhitaryan has supposedly refused to sign any new deal without a buyout clause being included in the contract but Dortmund are adamant that won’t happen after losing Mario Gotze to Bayern Munich three years ago.
As the 27-year-old has just entered the final year of his contract, the Mirror say that Dortmund have decided to sell and are willing to do business with Arsenal after Mkhitaryan expressed his interest in moving to the Emirates.
The likes of Spurs and Chelsea have also been credited with an interest but Mkhitaryan appears to want Arsenal so we’re in pole position to land the talented attacker if we can agree a deal with Dortmund.
I’ve seen various valuations flying about in recent weeks but the general consensus is we’d need to pay around £25m-£30m – which would be an absolute bargain for a player of Mkhitaryan’s quality in today’s market.
The former Shakhtar Donetsk attacker has just come off the back of a sensational campaign that saw him score 23 goals and provide a staggering 32 assists in all competitions so it’s easy to see why Wenger wants to bring him to North London.
I think that if we do manage to land the Armenian, then we’ll see Theo Walcott leave the club after losing his place during the second half of last season. Mkhitaryan is capable of playing anywhere in attack but he’s been used mainly from the right at Dortmund so he’d be the ideal man to play alongside Ozil and Sanchez.
Let’s see what happens but I hope we do all we can to lure him to the Emirates as he’d be a superb addition to the squad.