- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Arsenal favourites ahead of Chelsea to sign £20m Premier League star
According to a report in Le Parisien, Arsenal remain in pole position ahead of Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea to sign Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante.
We only just announced the arrival of Granit Xhaka in a big-money deal from Borussia Monchengladbach today but the papers seem to think Arsene Wenger is still going to splash out on another central midfielder this summer.
Kante has also been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months after enjoying a sensational season with Leicester where his tireless performances were a driving force behind their shock title win.
Most thought it was going to be a case of either Xhaka or Kante coming to Arsenal but despite the arrival of the Swiss ace today, Le Parisien are still reporting that we’re favourites to sign Kante this summer and expressing out interest in signing him.
The French outlet says that while PSG are desperate to sign the 25-year-old, Kante is understood to be keen on remaining in the Premier League and favours a move to Arsenal ahead of Chelsea as we’re able to offer him Champions League football.
Le Parisien also states that Kante has rejected a new contract from Leicester which would have seen his £20m buyout clause removed, so we’d be able to land him at a bargain price in today’s over-inflated market.
No doubt Kante was excellent for the Foxes this season and I’d have loved to see him join Arsenal, but do we really need him? Xhaka is already battling it out with Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Elneny and Wilshere for two midfield spots so I’m not sure where Kante would fit in.
IF we are still in for him, then someone must be leaving this summer. Cazorla has been linked with a move back to Spain so perhaps he’s the most likely to go but I’d be disappointed if Arsene agreed to sell him.
I personally think this is lazy journalism and Le Parisien are just using old reports to create a story around Kante’s future and whether he may or may not leave Leicester this summer. In the end, I think he will move on but it won’t be to Arsenal.