- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Granit Xhaka reacts on Instagram after Arsenal confirm £25m move
Granit Xhaka has taken to Instagram to express his delight at joining ‘one of the biggest clubs in the world’ after Arsenal finally confirmed his signing this afternoon.
After weeks of speculation, Xhaka flew-in to London to undergo his medical on Friday and snaps from his official photo-shoot were then leaked on Twitter on Saturday.
Fans have been patiently waiting for the club to confirm what has become one of the worst kept secrets in football and we finally got confirmation on Arsenal.com a short time ago.
The club confirmed Xhaka has signed a long-term contract and while no fee was announced, the Guardian claim we’ll pay Borussia Monchengladbach an initial £25m – which could rise with additional add ons.
Arsene Wenger told the clubs website that Xhaka is an exciting young player who already has plenty of experience and he’s confident he’ll add a lot of quality to the squad.
“Granit Xhaka is an exciting young player, already with good Champions League and Bundesliga experience.
“We have been watching him for a long time now and he is a player who will add quality to our squad. We wish Granit a good Euro 2016 with Switzerland and look forward to welcoming him to Arsenal ahead of next season.”
Xhaka has also taken to Instagram to react to the news with the 23-year-old saying he can’t wait to play for Arsenal, who he describes as one of the biggest clubs in the world, and says it will be an honour to pull on the Red and White jersey.
Xhaka will officially become an Arsenal player when the window opens on July 1st, and let’s hope he’s the first of several new arrivals this summer.
Now it’s official. From next season on I will play for @Arsenal. I want to thank everyone at @borussia. Together we brought the club back to where it belongs, to the Champions League. I will always look back with pleasure to that time. But from now on I’m totally focused on playing at one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's a big honour for me to wear the Arsenal jersey, as well as it has been an honour to play for Gladbach in the last four years. I hope we see each other again in the Champions League!#Xhaka #GX34 #PremierLeague #Thanks