- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal may sell Sanchez & bring in Dortmund star as replacement
The future of Alexis Sanchez is a hot topic in the newspapers today with the Mirror suggesting that Arsenal may decide to cash-in on the unsettled Chilean this summer and are eyeing Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a potential replacement.
Sanchez has cut a frustrated figure in recent months after a disappointing season by his very high standards and widespread reports last week claimed he’s becoming increasingly unhappy with life under Arsene Wenger.
The Telegraph then reported that Alexis had stormed out of the Emirates after being substituted against Norwich last weekend and Wenger is understood to be aware of the attacker’s frustration.
The Mirror are now claiming that contract extension talks over a new £160,000-a-week deal are stalling and the club ready to hold talks with Sanchez to see whether he wants to commit his future to the Emirates or leave this summer.
If it’s the latter, then the paper says we may decide to cash-in rather than let him run his contract down as we don’t want to keep hold of an unhappy player, with the likes of Juventus and Bayern Munich said to be interested.
The Mirror go on to claim that Wenger is eyeing a move for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a potential placement should Alexis end up leaving at the end of the season.
When all these rumours cropped up a few weeks ago, I thought it was all rubbish but now I’m starting to worry that there is actually something in all this.
Sanchez has certainly not looked his chirpy-self in recent weeks and it was concerning to see him walk straight down the tunnel without even acknowledging Wenger against Norwich.
Obviously it would be a HUGE blow if we were to lose Alexis this summer but you can appreciate his frustration. We’re all frustrated at how this season has ended up, but the problem is Sanchez isn’t a loyal fan who’ll stick by the club. He’s a player who can simply demand a move if he wants.
We’ll have to wait and see what’s said in the meeting when Alexis’s camp sits down with Arsenal this summer but fingers crossed he’s willing to give Wenger one more season.
A few top class signings early in the summer may just persuade him to stay….