- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
Arsenal lining-up offer for Atletico Madrid star – report
More transfer gossip to bring you as talkSPORT are reporting that Arsenal are lining-up a bid for Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez this summer.
Our title challenge once again faltered in predictable fashion this season with our problems at the back playing a key role in our slump in recent months.
With Per Mertesacker set to turn 32 in September and Gabriel failing to convince us that he’s the answer to our defensive issues it looks as though Arsene Wenger is going to dip in to the market.
talkSPORT are citing reports coming from Spanish outlet El Mundo Deportivo that claims we’ve identified Atletico Madrid’s Lucas Hernandez as a potential partner for Laurent Koscielny next season.
The 20-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise this season having broken in to Diego Simeone’s starting eleven at the turn of the year and he’s made 15 first team appearances this campaign to help Madrid keep pace with Barcelona in the league and reach the Champions League final.
His potential has alerted Arsenal and the report suggests that Wenger is now considering making an official offer for the youngster this summer, but could face competition from Lyon.
Hernandez was born in France and has represented the French at ever youth level so he could be tempted by a move back to his homeland, but Arsenal have the financial power to blow the Ligue 1 club out the water.
If we do end up signing Hernandez, I think we might see Calum Chambers head out on loan this summer to get him some regular first team football and the England youngster would then return in the summer of 2017 when I expect Per Mertesacker would probably move back to Germany.
There are rumours that Per may leave this summer, and if that turns out to be the case then I’d expect Hernandez and Gabriel to fight for the starting spot alongside Koscielny with Chambers once again playing a supporting role.