- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger rules out early injury return for star + Rosicky update
Speaking to Arsenal.com ahead of our Premier League clash against Aston Villa this weekend, Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the fitness of Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky.
Wilshere is yet to feature this season after undergoing surgery on a fractured fibula which he picked up in training on the eve of our Community Shield clash with Chelsea in August.
The midfielder has been making progress in his recovery in recent weeks leading to speculation he could be set to make his comeback over the festive period, with the trip to Southampton on Boxing Day thought to be a realistic target.
However, Arsene has played down these reports ruled out an early return for Wilshere after telling reporters today there is ‘no chance’ he’ll play again before the end of December.
Despite our injury problems in midfield, it makes no sense to rush Jack back too soon and as he’s not even in full training yet, I find it difficult to see how he’ll be available before the New Year.
Wenger also offered an update on forgotten midfielder Tomas Rosicky and says the Czech international is making good progress in his recovery from a knee injury but won’t be back before the end of January.
The boss told the clubs website:
on Jack Wilshere…
If you ask me if he will be fit before the end of December, no chance.
on Tomas Rosicky…
He is quite positive. He is running outside but not ready yet. End of January.