- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Gabriel & Ox Start: My Arsenal Starting XI To Take On Aston Villa
Fresh from our heroics in Europe, we head to Villa Park on Sunday looking to climb to the top of the Premier League table…here is the side I’d like to see start the game.
Petr Cech should start in goal, obviously.
Defence: Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal
I think Gabriel has been a little unfortunate lately as he’s barely seen any first team football, so I’d give him a game at Villa. They have pace in attack and could target Mertesacker so let’s give him the afternoon off.
Koscielny, Bellerin and Monreal should all retain their places in the back four.
Midfield: Flamini, Ramsey
This will be our first choice midfield for a few weeks yet as Arsene insists Wilshere won’t make a return before the end of the month. So with Cazorla and Coquelin also out, it will be Flamini alongside Ramsey in the middle of the park.
Attack: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Walcott
Sanchez could return to training next week as he looks to make a swift return from a hamstring injury but this game comes too soon. Campbell was excellent in midweek but The Ox needs minutes to get his sharpness back so I’d give him the nod on the wing.
Walcott made a successful return in midweek but he too is understandably still rusty and we need him firing against Man City next weekend, so he should continue in attack along with the genius that is Mesut Ozil.
Giroud should be buzzing after Wednesday night’s heroics in Athens. The big man was sensational and he’s silenced some of his critics, myself included. Let’s hope he takes that form into the game on Sunday.
This would be my line-up:
That would be my team….who would you pick?