- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsene Wenger confirms trio could return to face Watford
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Laurent Koscielny, Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini could all return to the squad to face Watford this weekend.
Koscielny has been nursing a hamstring injury since being forced off against Olympiakos during our shock Champions League defeat at the end of last month.
The Frenchman was expected to be out for at least three weeks, however, the boss has now confirmed Kos will have a test today to determine whether he’ll be in contention to face Watford on Saturday.
Arteta and Flamini have both been sidelined with muscle injuries since our 5-2 win at Leicester last month but the midfielders are now back in full training and available for the trip to Vicarage Road this weekend.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
The only thing today is Koscielny has a definite test to see if he is available or not.
At the time Arteta and Flamini will certainly be available for selection. We have three players who could come back and be available again and I don’t think we lost anybody from our last game.
I personally wouldn’t rush Koscielny back for this game as Mertesacker and Gabriel were excellent against Man Utd and should be able to deal with the Watford attack, so it’s best to give Kos a few more days to ensure he’s 100% for the Bayern game next week.