- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Agree Deal To Sign Dutch Wonderkid – Reports
According to the Express, Arsenal have beaten the likes of Barcelona to the signing of highly-rated Dutch striker Donyell Malen.
The newspaper claims that scouts from Arsenal and Barcelona have been among those closely watching the 16-year-old over the past 12 months.
However, it appears we’ve now beaten the Spanish giants to his signature as the Express suggest that Arsenal have snapped-up the gifted young striker.
It’s understood Malen will initially join the club on a scholarship contract but will sign a professional deal when he turns 17 in January.
The teenager is represented by well-known ‘super-agent’ Mino Raiola and the Express say he’s described Malen as a ‘phenomenal’ talent – but I suppose his agent would say that!
The youngster is predominantly regarded as a striker but can also play as an attacking midfielder or a left-winger. However, I’m sure Arsene Wenger and the youth coaches will take some time to have a look at his strengths before deciding on his final position.
When Malen does sign for the club, he’s likely to play for the U18′s and he becomes the latest addition to our youth set-up with the likes of Jeff Reine-Adelaide [who impressed in the Emirates Cup], Vlad Dragomir and Yassin Fortune all moving to North London this summer.
We all love big-name signings but it’s important to have a strong youth side so hopefully Malen has what it takes to make it at Arsenal….