- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Gives Positive Update On Duo Ahead Of Liverpool Game
Danny Welbeck could be fit to face Liverpool while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is back in full training, Arsene Wenger has confirmed today.
Welbeck was forced off during the closing stages of England’s 3-0 victory over Lithuania in their Euro 2016 qualifier last week after picking up a knee injury.
The 24-year-old was immediately ruled out of England’s friendly with Italy on Tuesday night and there were fears that the attacker could be ruled out for our big game against Liverpool.
However, the boss confirmed to reporters this morning that Welbeck faces a late fitness test but has a chance to be in contention to face the Merseysiders.
There was also good news on the Ox as he’s closing in on making his comeback from a hamstring injury that he suffered against Manchester United last month.
The 21-year-old won’t be considered for the Liverpool game but he’s back in full training so should return against Burnley next weekend.
With Jack Wilshere, Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby and Mathieu Debuchy all also back in full training, it means we’re close to having a fully-fit squad for the first time in living memory!
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) April 2, 2015
At Colney. Wenger: "Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out and not available, Welbeck has a slight knee injury. He has a little chance for #lfc."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) April 2, 2015