- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Set To Miss Out On Attacker Despite ‘Done Deal’ Reports
It looks like Arsenal are set to ‘miss out’ on the signing of Eduardo Vargas with the Chilean attacker due to undergo a medical and join QPR on a season-long loan.
Reports on Monday claimed that Vargas was due to have a medical with Arsenal ahead of a loan move and the transfer from Napoli was believed to be a ‘done deal’.
However, it appears those reports were wide of the mark as Sky Sports News are one of several outlets who are claiming that the 24-year-old is in fact heading to QPR on a short-term deal with a view to making the move permanent next summer for £8m.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp has admitted the deal is close and it will be an excellent coup for the West Londoners if they manage to get the transfer wrapped up.
I said yesterday that it was a real shock to see Vargas being linked so strongly with Arsenal as I don’t expect Arsene to sign any more attackers unless someone like Podolski or Campbell leaves.
It seems that the press must have got wind that Vargas was heading to London and incorrectly assumed it was to Arsenal.
It’s a pity though as he is an excellent prospect who would have given us another option in attack as he can play anywhere across the front three positions, including up front, but it looks like he’s off to Loftus Road to link up with ‘Arry Redknapp.