- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Attacker Set To Undergo Arsenal Medical – Reports
Chilean international Eduardo Vargas is set to fly in to London to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical ahead of a season-long loan deal from Napoli, according to reports today.
The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to the Emirates during recent transfer windows and his name has emerged as a possible target once again this summer.
Vargas impressed for Chile at the World Cup but apparently he’s been told he’s not part of Rafa Benitez’ plans at Napoli and spent the second half of last season on loan at Valencia.
The Mirror are now claiming that the attacker and his representatives are set to fly in to London to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical ahead of a season-long loan move to Arsenal.
I must admit it would be something of a surprise if this deal does come off as I wasn’t expecting Arsene Wenger to bring in any more attackers this summer, but it would be a welcome one.
I still feel we could do with another option up top and while Vargas isn’t an out-and-out striker, he is capable of playing anywhere across the attacking positions so he’d give us plenty of options in the final third.
It would also be nice for Alexis Sanchez as the pair could help each other settle in north London, but we’ll have to see how thing develop over the coming days. This could just be nothing more than paper talk.