- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Close In On ‘Fourth’ Signing After Agreeing £12m Deal
According to widespread reports today, Arsenal are closing in on the signing of defender Calum Chambers from Southampton.
The 19-year-old right-back enjoyed his breakthrough year last season and went on to make 23 appearances after replacing Nathan Clyne in the first team.
We were being linked with him earlier in the summer but the speculation died down after we signed Mathieu Debuchy but it appears Arsene maintained his interest and has now made his move.
If the move goes through successfully then Chambers will be our fourth major signing this summer. Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy are already in the bag, while Arsene Wenger confirmed yesterday that David Ospina is set to join the club early next week.
Chambers arrival is likely to see Carl Jenkinson head out on loan to gain some much-needed first team experience, with Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton among those linked.
While he may not have an immediate impact on the first team, Chambers is a huge talent and many close to Southampton actually regard him as a better prospect that Luke Shaw, so it’s certainly an exciting signing.