- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal Ready To Make Move For £16m-Rated Matija Nastasic
Arsenal are lining-up a move for Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic to replace Manchester United-bound Thomas Vermaelen, according to the Daily Mail.
With less than 12 months remaining on his contract, Vermaelen is expected to leave this summer and United are keen on luring him to Old Trafford in a deal that could be worth around £10m.
Although there are reports suggesting Arsene Wenger could take Phil Jones or Chris Smalling in exchange, the Daily Mail claim today that the boss has his eye on Man City youngster Nastasic.
Arsenal scouts watched the Serbian youngster extensively during his time at Fiorentina and we considered a move before he eventually joined City back in 2012.
However, it appears Arsene has retained his interest in the 21-year-old and the newspaper suggests that he will target the £16m-rated youngster if and when Vermaelen leaves the club.
Nastasic was very impressive during his first season at the Etihad but injury hampered his development last year, and his future at City is now in doubt as the champions are set to sign Eliaquim Mangala from Porto.
I’d be delighted if we could lure him to the Emirates as he’s certainly one of the most talented young defenders in Europe and would provide great back-up to Per and Kos, but would City be prepared to sell him to a domestic rival? I’m not convinced.