- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Team News Update: Podolski, Arteta, Gibbs & Oxlade-Chamberlain
The games are coming thick and fast now and next up we take on Cardiff City in Wales on Saturday afternoon.
We’re the only team in the top five to be playing on Saturday so have an excellent opportunity to get three points on the board and extend our lead at the top before our rivals take to the field on Sunday.
Arsene Wenger has told the clubs official website the latest team news and it’s largely positive once again. The good news is that we didn’t pick up any fresh injuries following the 2-0 win over Marseille on Tuesday and Arteta will be available after being rested in midweek – although he did come on for the final few minutes.
Kieran Gibbs missed the game through sickness but the boss has confirmed he’s already recovered and will be back in the squad this weekend.
Unfortunately, Lukas Podolski is still three weeks away from joining him as he works his way back to full fitness after three months on the sidelines with a hamstring tear, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain won’t be in contention until into the New Year.
on the team news for Cardiff…
No, nothing is different from Marseille really. We have no injuries. Of course we have some little concerns. People were a little bit rested like Arteta but they are all available now.
Kieran Gibbs was sick but he has already recovered yesterday. He is now back in the squad.
on Podolski’s progress…
It will be three weeks until we could see him in the team.
it will be the New Year for him.
So Wenger has a few selection dilemma’s for this weekend, particularly in midfield. You’d expect Arteta will return but will Theo Walcott make his first start in two months? Will Santi Cazorla come back in? If so, who will drop out? Ah the joys of having our injured players fit again!
What would be your starting line-up for the game? Share your views below.