- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
My Preferred Starting XI To Face Cardiff City
We’re away to Cardiff City on Saturday and a win will see us move seven points clear at the top of the league.
The team news was announced earlier and on the whole things are looking positive. Lukas Podolski is closing in on a comeback but the Ox won’t feature until the New Year.
Defence: Kieran Gibbs missed the win over Marseille with illness but is back in the squad this weekend. Nacho Monreal was excellent in midweek but I think we’ll see Gibbsy return at left-back. The rest of the defence should remain unchanged.
Midfield: Mikel Arteta was rested for the midweek win over Marseille and while Arsene Wenger is likely to restore him to the starting line-up this weekend, I’d prefer to see Aaron Ramsey start alongside Mathieu Flamini in the middle of the park.
Attack: Jack Wilshere has started against both Southampton and Marseille so it’s likely he’ll be given a breather meaning we could see Theo Walcott make his first start for about two months.
Santi Cazorla didn’t start last time out so he should come back in, most likely for Tomas Rosicky, while Olivier Giroud will lead the line up front. This is the line-up I’d like to see start:
This team should be more than capable of coming back from Wales with three points, and we’d have the likes of Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta on the bench if we need to mix things up.
What do you think of my team? You agree with it?