- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsene ‘Frantically’ Working On Stunning £70m Deal For Madrid Trio
Reports today claim that Arsenal are working ‘frantically’ on a trying to complete a stunning £70m triple swoop on Real Madrid for Karim Benzema, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria.
We’ve been linked with all three in recent weeks but it’s been thought up until now that we were only interested in signing one, perhaps two, of the three attackers.
However, the Daily Mail claim that Arsene Wenger wants to blow his entire £70m budget on the trio and is already in talks with Madrid about the triple swoop.
The Spaniard’s are understood to be giving us encouragement that a deal can be reached for the attacking trio as they are desperate to try and raise money to fund their move for Gareth Bale while a late swoop for Luis Suarez has also been mooted.
With Bale costing them upward of £80m and Suarez likely to be in the region of £45-£50m, that’s a lot of money Madrid need to find and it seems we’re ready to hand them our £70m budget to take Benzema, Ozil and Di Maria off their hands.
All three players have insisted they are not looking to leave the Bernabeu but that means nothing if the club wants to sell. If Madrid really do need to raise cash and want to sell all three players, they will be forced out the door. No two ways about it.
The newspaper suggests that Benzema remains the priority but we are working hard to try and bring Ozil and Di Maria to the Emirates as well before the window shuts.
The big problem is Tottenham. They are dragging their heels over selling Gareth Bale to Madrid, with many claiming Chairman Daniel Levy is doing so purposely as he knows we are sniffing around Madrid’s cast offs, and the Spaniard’s won’t sell until they have secured the Welshman’s signature.
So if Spurs refuse to sell Bale until deadline day, it will leave us with little time to complete any proposed deals for Benzema, Di Maria, Ozil….or any other player for that matter.
It’s a hugely risky game that could be a masterstroke if we can pull it off, but failure will be a disaster and leave the club with a thread bare squad until the winter window opens.
It looks like it’s going to be a nail-biting final few days and unfortunately it appears our fate rests in the hands of our rivals up the road. The quicker Bale is a Madrid player, the better.
Do you think Wenger can pull it off? Or has he left it too late.