- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Bacary Sagna A Doubt For Villa Game After Picking Up Ankle Injury
Some worrying news from last nights pointless international friendlies with French journalist Julien Laurens claiming that Bacary Sagna has picked up an ankle injury and is now a major doubt for Saturday’s clash with Aston Villa.
Sagna started as France drew 0-0 with Belgium but speaking to Laurens after the game, the right-back told the reporter that he’d injured his ankle and could now miss out this weekend’s action.
Bad news for Arsenal fans. Saw Bacary Sagna after the game tonight. He hurt his ankle and was limping. He is not sure about Saturday #AFC
— Julien Laurens (@LaurensJulien) August 14, 2013
The season hasn’t even started yet and already injuries are starting to pile up and our thin squad is being exposed. If Sagna is ruled out for any length of time, we’re down to the bare bones. In fact, I’m struggling to think of a defender who could be named on the bench this weekend?
We currently only have 7 defenders listed as first team squad players. Presumably the back four would consist of Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gibbs. Monreal is not 100% fit following a back injury, Vermaelen is already out so if Bac joins them we have absolutely no cover for the defence.
We don’t even have utility players such as Miquel or Coquelin to bring in as they’ve been loaned out! It’s utterly shambolic to have the squad in this state just hours from the new season and with a vital Champions League qualifier just days away.
Fingers crossed Sagna’s injury is nothing serious but even with him fit, our squad deficiencies are worrying to say the least.