- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have made Jack Butland their No.1 target as Arsene Wenger looks to bring in a replacement for David Ospina this summer.
The newspapers all reported this morning that Wenger has decided to stay at the Emirates and is already working on his transfer plans as he looks to overhaul the squad.
While replacing Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil if they are sold is hogging the headlines, the boss also has some decisions to make between the sticks with Ospina expected to push for a move away.
The Colombian international has been used in the Champions League and FA Cup this season but it seems he’s not content with his No.2 status and wants to play week-in, week-out.
The Mirror claim that Wenger has identified Jack Butland as his first choice target to replace Ospina with the 24-year-old developing in to one of the best young keepers around since joining Stoke City in 2013.
After representing his country at every youth level, Butland is now a full England international with 4 caps to his name so far and is on the road to recovery after suffering a serious knee injury towards the end of last season.
I think a fully-fit Butland would push Petr Cech for the first team shirt but if he does join us this summer I expect he’ll spend next season as No.2 to learn from Cech before taking over in 2018.
However, Stoke will no doubt do all they can to keep hold of the keeper so the Mirror say that we’re also keeping a close eye on Sunderland’s Jordan Pickford and Man City’s Joe Hart.
Obviously Hart is the most experienced of the three and he’s certain to be available this summer after being sent out on loan by City but it remains to be seen whether they’d be prepared to sell him to a rival.