- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal injury update on Ramsey & Ox-Chamberlain ahead of Chelsea
The Mirror have published an update on the fitness of Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Chelsea this weekend.
Ramsey limped off inside the opening 20 minutes during our disappointing 2-1 defeat at home to Watford on Tuesday night and Arsene Wenger confirmed after the game that the midfielder had suffered a calf injury.
The boss refused to be drawn on how long Ramsey would be out for until further tests were carried out but it looks as though the Welsh international is now facing yet another spell on the sidelines.
The Mirror claim that Rambo had initially hoped to make a swift recovery, however, after undergoing an initial assessment on Wednesday the 26-year-old is now fearing the injury is far more serious.
It’s understood that the club are now waiting on scan results to come back before they know the full extent of the problem but Ramsey is certain to miss Saturday’s trip to Chelsea and there are fears it could be a lengthy absence.
The news will come as a huge blow as not only do we face a pivotal game at Stamford Bridge this weekend but we also have a huge trip to Anfield coming up as well as our Champions League double header against Bayern Munich.
Ramsey’s absence means we’re now facing an injury crisis in midfield as Granit Xhaka is still serving a four-game ban, Mohamed Elneny is now through to the final at the African Cup of Nations while Santi Cazorla is no closer to returning from a chronic Achilles problem.
However, it seems we do have some good news as the Mirror claim that Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to be fit to take on Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime.
The Ox was seen limping towards the end of the Watford game after taking a kick to his knee but the paper says he’s confident he’ll recover in time for the trip to west London.
That means Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to partner Francis Coquelin in the middle of the park on Saturday – although there have been reports suggesting the Frenchman is also an injury doubt for this weekend.
Wenger is understood to have told reporters after the Watford game that Coquelin is carrying a knock but it doesn’t seem like it will be enough to keep him out of the Chelsea game.