- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
[Photo] Arsenal boost as key man hints he’ll be fit to face Spurs
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major injury boost with Nacho Monreal dropping a huge hint on social media that he’ll be fit to face Tottenham on Sunday.
Monreal has been forced to miss the last three matches against Reading, Sunderland and Ludogorets due to a niggling thigh muscle injury with Kieran Gibbs deputising at left-back during his absence.
Unfortunately Gibbs suffered a shoulder injury during the thrilling win in Bulgaria on Tuesday night which may keep him out of this weekend’s North London Derby so we were facing the possibility of taking on Spurs without our two first choice left-backs.
However, after Arsene Wenger telling reporters at his press conference on Friday morning that Monreal would undergo a fitness test at London Colney yesterday, the Spaniard has now dropped a huge hint that he’s been passed fit.
Monreal took to Instagram last night to post a photo of himself at training on Thursday with a message saying:
Good feeling training today !! Looking forward the derby
So it looks as though Nacho will be fit to take on Tottenham on Sunday and obviously that will come as a huge boost – particularly with Gibbs a doubt with his shoulder problem.
I’d also expect Hector Bellerin to return to the side after missing the win over Ludogorets with a knock while Theo Walcott is likely to make his comeback after missing the last three games with a hamstring strain.
However, it remains to be seen whether Santi Cazorla will feature this weekend as he continues to nurse a troublesome achilles injury.