- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Photo] Arsenal boost as key man hints he’ll be fit to face Spurs
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major injury boost with Nacho Monreal dropping a huge hint on social media that he’ll be fit to face Tottenham on Sunday.
Monreal has been forced to miss the last three matches against Reading, Sunderland and Ludogorets due to a niggling thigh muscle injury with Kieran Gibbs deputising at left-back during his absence.
Unfortunately Gibbs suffered a shoulder injury during the thrilling win in Bulgaria on Tuesday night which may keep him out of this weekend’s North London Derby so we were facing the possibility of taking on Spurs without our two first choice left-backs.
However, after Arsene Wenger telling reporters at his press conference on Friday morning that Monreal would undergo a fitness test at London Colney yesterday, the Spaniard has now dropped a huge hint that he’s been passed fit.
Monreal took to Instagram last night to post a photo of himself at training on Thursday with a message saying:
Good feeling training today !! Looking forward the derby
So it looks as though Nacho will be fit to take on Tottenham on Sunday and obviously that will come as a huge boost – particularly with Gibbs a doubt with his shoulder problem.
I’d also expect Hector Bellerin to return to the side after missing the win over Ludogorets with a knock while Theo Walcott is likely to make his comeback after missing the last three games with a hamstring strain.
However, it remains to be seen whether Santi Cazorla will feature this weekend as he continues to nurse a troublesome achilles injury.