- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Confirmed: Arsenal star named in Spain squad but duo overlooked
Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal has been named in the Spain squad for their upcoming international’s but Hector Bellerin and Santi Cazorla have been overlooked.
Monreal has missed our last three matches in all competitions due to a muscle injury but the left-back was able to train with the rest of the squad at London Colney on Thursday.
Nacho hinted on Instagram last night that he had been passed fit to play against Tottenham on Sunday and now we’ve had another suggestion that he’s fit as Monreal has been included in the Spain squad for their international’s this month.
The Spanish will continue their World Cup qualification campaign when they host Macedonia next weekend before they take on England at Wembley the following Tuesday and Monreal will hoping to play his part.
However, Bellerin has once again been overlooked despite his superb form this season while Cazorla has also been left out of the 25-man squad with the likes of Juan Mata, Isco and Ander Herrera included.
Santi is currently nursing an achilles injury so perhaps that’s the reason he hasn’t been selected but the good news for Arsenal is he’ll have two weeks to rest over the international break.
Here is the confirmed Spain squad: