- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
- Teams: Sutton v Arsenal: Perez & Walcott start
- “He wants to leave Arsenal” – Agent confirms attacker wants out
- Preview: Sutton v Arsenal: trio ruled out, teenager starts + prediction
- Arsenal on red alert after Spanish attacker drops move hint
- Man Utd eyeing audacious £30m swoop on Arsenal
- FA Cup Draw: Arsenal or Sutton to face Lincoln in last 8
- Confirmed: Arsenal star reveals he’ll miss FA Cup clash with Sutton
- [Photos] Arsenal duo snapped in training together following ‘bust-up’ reports
Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
According to the Telegraph, Arsene Wenger is ready to drop Alex Iwobi and hand a start to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Sunderland.
Iwobi has been a first choice regular so far this season with the youngster starting on the left wing alongside Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott and Alexis Sanchez in what’s become a familiar front four.
However, Oxlade-Chamberlain’s recent excellent form that’s seen him score three goals in two games has given the boss food for thought and it appears Wenger is now ready to show faith in the 23-year-old this weekend.
The Ox has largely started in the cups so far this season but the Telegraph claim that Arsene is set to start him for our league clash at Sunderland on Saturday with Iwobi the man expected to make way.
Oxlade-Chamberlain scored both goals during our EFL Cup win over Reading in midweek while he was also on target against Ludogorets in the Champions League last week taking his season tally to 5 goals and 2 assists in just 7 starts.
Iwobi has been in fine form himself and hasn’t put a foot wrong so far this season in his general play, however, the 20-year-old is yet to score a goal this campaign and Arsene admitted earlier this week that he needs to improve his finishing.
Iwobi would be unlucky to lose his place but you can’t really argue that The Ox deserves his chance either so it’s certainly going to be an interesting battle between the two youngsters.