- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Xhaka & Elneny to start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal line-up v Basel
Arsenal continue our Champions League campaign when we entertain Basel at the Emirates on Wednesday night. This is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with….
Ospina looks set to come back in as Wenger has confirmed the Colombian will play in the Champions League group stages so Cech will drop to the bench.
Defence: Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal
Our first choice centre-back pairing of Koscielny and Mustafi are forging an excellent partnership and along with full-backs Bellerin and Monreal, we now look to have the foundation of a top class back four.
Gabriel is fit again while Gibbs is also pushing for game-time but I see no reason why we should change the defence right now considering how well they are all playing.
Midfield: Xhaka, Elneny
With Coquelin now facing a spell on the sidelines with the knee injury that forced him off against Chelsea on Saturday, Xhaka is set to come in and stake his claim as a first choice regular. I’m gutted to see Francis injured but can’t wait to see Xhaka get a run in the first team.
Cazorla has been excellent recently but I’d give him a rest for this game. Ramsey is still nursing his hamstring injury that’s kept him out since the opening game of the season so I’d like to see Elneny come in.
Attack: Walcott, Ozil, Iwobi
Our attack was excellent against Chelsea on Saturday. Walcott continued his superb start to the new season with another goal while Iwobi enhanced his reputation with another excellent performance so both should keep their places.
However, for me, Ozil was the star at the weekend and I hope we see him running the show again on Wednesday. Oxlade-Chamberlain will provide an option from the bench.
I’ve openly questioned the wisdom of playing Sanchez through the middle but he was outstanding against Chelsea so maybe he’s starting to get used to the role. With Giroud suspended following his dismissal against PSG, Sanchez should once again lead the line against Basel with Lucas among the substitutes.
This would be my line-up to face Basel:
This side should be more than good enough to see off Basel and move us to four points in Group A.