- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Team news: Wenger’s update on Mustafi, Perez, Ramsey & Iwobi
Arsene Wenger has confirmed the latest team and injury news ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Southampton on Saturday afternoon.
Understandably the boss was quizzed about the possible involvement of new signing’s Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez while he also gave an update on the fitness of Alex Iwobi and Aaron Ramsey.
Mustafi completed his move from Valencia shortly before the summer deadline day and has been training with his new team mates this week so is in contention to make his debut against the Saints this weekend.
Lucas Perez is also pushing to make his debut after sealing a £17m move from Deportivo La Coruna but Wenger says hasn’t decided yet whether either player will start on Saturday.
Unfortunately Ramsey won’t be available this weekend as he isn’t fully recovered from a hamstring injury that he suffered during our defeat to Liverpool on the opening weekend of the season. The Welshman is expected to be back to face PSG in midweek.
However, there is better news on Iwobi as the boss has confirmed that the youngster is available for selection after recovering from the thigh injury that he also picked up against the Merseysiders last month.
Sanchez, Ospina arrived back last night. Iwobi back in squad. Ramsey back for PSG. Wenger says he hasn't decided if Mustafi, Perez will play
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) September 9, 2016
So the squad looks to be in decent shape heading in to the Southampton game with Danny Welbeck, Per Mertesacker, Carl Jenkinson and Gabriel our only other absentees as they continue to recover from long-term injuries.
Pick 6 Football Betting Game
If you’re looking for a free betting game to play with cash prizes to be won, check out the Pick 6 Game from Fanbet. It’s FREE to play and if you correctly predict the results – not the scores – of 6 football games, you could win the cash jackpot! If there are multiple correct entries, the one submitted first will win, and if the jackpot isn’t won, it will roll over to the next round.
The game works on mobile devices meaning you can make your picks at anytime, so what are you waiting for? Head over the Fanbet now and enter your selections for FREE to be in with a chance of winning the jackpot.