- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
[Photos] Arsenal handed boost as injured star returns to training
Arsenal have been handed an injury boost with Gabriel returning to training today as he steps-up his recovery from an ankle injury.
Gabriel has been on the sidelines since sustaining the injury during the closing minutes of our final pre-season game against Manchester City at the start of August.
The Brazilian international was initially not expected to return to action for eight weeks but his recovery has been swift and that time-frame was later revised to around six weeks.
The 25-year-old has now stepped-up his rehabilitation as photos from Arsenal’s training session today show that Gabriel was able to take part with the rest of the first team squad at London Colney.
I’m sure Arsene Wenger isn’t going to rush him back as our defensive problems have eased following the arrival of Shkodran Mustafi while Rob Holding has also performed better than anyone could have hoped.
I don’t think there’s any chance Gabriel will feature against Southampton or PSG, however, as long as he doesn’t suffer any sort of set-back, perhaps he could be available for selection for the trip to Hull next weekend.
Either way, it’s good to see Gabriel on the road to recovery as his return will only further strengthen our squad.
Here are some photos of him in action at training today courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty Images account: