- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
[Photos] Arsenal handed boost as injured star returns to training
Arsenal have been handed an injury boost with Gabriel returning to training today as he steps-up his recovery from an ankle injury.
Gabriel has been on the sidelines since sustaining the injury during the closing minutes of our final pre-season game against Manchester City at the start of August.
The Brazilian international was initially not expected to return to action for eight weeks but his recovery has been swift and that time-frame was later revised to around six weeks.
The 25-year-old has now stepped-up his rehabilitation as photos from Arsenal’s training session today show that Gabriel was able to take part with the rest of the first team squad at London Colney.
I’m sure Arsene Wenger isn’t going to rush him back as our defensive problems have eased following the arrival of Shkodran Mustafi while Rob Holding has also performed better than anyone could have hoped.
I don’t think there’s any chance Gabriel will feature against Southampton or PSG, however, as long as he doesn’t suffer any sort of set-back, perhaps he could be available for selection for the trip to Hull next weekend.
Either way, it’s good to see Gabriel on the road to recovery as his return will only further strengthen our squad.
Here are some photos of him in action at training today courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty Images account: