- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Photos] Xhaka flattens Sanchez as Arsenal train ahead of Watford
The Arsenal players have been undertaking their final preparations on the training pitch ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League clash with Watford.
We take on our north London neighbours at Vicarage Road on Saturday and we desperately need to collect a win having picked up just one point from our opening two games against Liverpool and Leicester.
Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud continued to build on their fitness in training today having been unable to start in either of our previous games following their late arrival to pre-season training.
Wenger has hinted that Ozil might be set for a recall to the starting eleven – which will be a major boost – but Giroud is still ‘behind physically’ meaning the Frenchman is expected to be named on the bench tomorrow.
Therefore, Alexis Sanchez is set to continue to lead the line up front and the Chilean was working hard in training today as he battled away with midfielder Granit Xhaka. In fact, judging by the photos below, it looks like Granit flattened Sanchez as he won the ball!
Let’s hope the boys are this for it against Watford as we need to come away with a vital three points.
Here are some photos from today’s session at London Colney courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: