- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
[Photos] Xhaka flattens Sanchez as Arsenal train ahead of Watford
The Arsenal players have been undertaking their final preparations on the training pitch ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League clash with Watford.
We take on our north London neighbours at Vicarage Road on Saturday and we desperately need to collect a win having picked up just one point from our opening two games against Liverpool and Leicester.
Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud continued to build on their fitness in training today having been unable to start in either of our previous games following their late arrival to pre-season training.
Wenger has hinted that Ozil might be set for a recall to the starting eleven – which will be a major boost – but Giroud is still ‘behind physically’ meaning the Frenchman is expected to be named on the bench tomorrow.
Therefore, Alexis Sanchez is set to continue to lead the line up front and the Chilean was working hard in training today as he battled away with midfielder Granit Xhaka. In fact, judging by the photos below, it looks like Granit flattened Sanchez as he won the ball!
Let’s hope the boys are this for it against Watford as we need to come away with a vital three points.
Here are some photos from today’s session at London Colney courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: