- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Photos] Xhaka flattens Sanchez as Arsenal train ahead of Watford
The Arsenal players have been undertaking their final preparations on the training pitch ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League clash with Watford.
We take on our north London neighbours at Vicarage Road on Saturday and we desperately need to collect a win having picked up just one point from our opening two games against Liverpool and Leicester.
Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud continued to build on their fitness in training today having been unable to start in either of our previous games following their late arrival to pre-season training.
Wenger has hinted that Ozil might be set for a recall to the starting eleven – which will be a major boost – but Giroud is still ‘behind physically’ meaning the Frenchman is expected to be named on the bench tomorrow.
Therefore, Alexis Sanchez is set to continue to lead the line up front and the Chilean was working hard in training today as he battled away with midfielder Granit Xhaka. In fact, judging by the photos below, it looks like Granit flattened Sanchez as he won the ball!
Let’s hope the boys are this for it against Watford as we need to come away with a vital three points.
Here are some photos from today’s session at London Colney courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: