- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal in negotiations over deal for 23-goal striker [Sky Sports]
According to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol, Arsenal are in negotiations with Lyon over a deal to sign Alexandre Lacazette with the two clubs trying to agree a fee.
Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to sign a centre-back as soon as possible following an injury to Gabriel last night but a new top class striker is also a priority before the window closes.
After failing to land a number of names such as Jamie Vardy and Gonzalo Higuain, Lacazette has emerged as the most realistic target in recent weeks with Lyon confirming last month that they had rejected our opening £29.3m offer.
The French outfits president, Jean Michael Aulas, has been insisting publicly that the striker isn’t for sale but this is widely regarded to be nothing more than a negotiating tactic with the Lyon boss admitting that Lacazette would leave if a tempting offer was put on the table.
Some news outlets have suggested that while we were understood to be lining-up an improved offer, there has been no formal discussions between Arsenal and Lyon since we made our initial bid.
However, Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol claims that we ARE in negotiations with the Ligue 1 club trying to thrash out a deal.
He said on Twitter:
Alexandre Lacazette – talks ongoing between Arsenal & Lyon about transfer fee. He now has a hip injury
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 7, 2016
Lacazette is one of the most prolific strikers in French football having scored 23 goals last season and 31 the year before so he’d certainly bring a much-needed goal threat to the team if he does end up coming to the Emirates.
The 25-year-old is a totally different player compared to Giroud as he’s quick and makes great runs behind the defence, so he’d add some versatility to our attack.
Lyon are reportedly holding out for a fee in the region of £40m while we’d like to pay nearer £35m [source: Telegraph], but hopefully a deal can be agreed as we need another striker on board if we want to be challenging for the title this season.