- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Personal terms agreed, Arsenal to seal £37m signing ‘within days’
According to Algerian outlet Le Buteur, Riyad Mahrez has already agreed personal terms over a move to Arsenal and is expected to complete a £37m switch over the coming days.
Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen his attack this summer and Mahrez is one of several players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks.
It looked like we’d formalised our interest as Eurosport FR claimed last weekend that Wenger had held face-to-face talks with the 25-year-old’s agent following our 1-1 friendly draw with Lens last week.
Things have now taken another interesting turn as Algerian outlet Le Buteur are reporting that Mahrez has now decided to join Arsenal and has already agreed personal terms over his move to the Emirates.
The report claims that a British journalist close to Arsenal has provided them with this information and the unnamed source suggests that we’re now in talks with Leicester and a deal worth in the region of £37m should be concluded ‘in the next few days’.
Le Buteur say that Leicester have been trying desperately to persuade Mahrez to stay and the owners sent officials out to their pre-season tour in America to speak with the attacker. However, they say that the Algerian international supposedly made it clear he wants to join Arsenal and his decision is ‘irrevocable’.
Some fans have scoffed at the fact this is an Algerian media outlet who’re reporting this news but it’s worth noting that a Chilean site broke the Sanchez news, a Serbian site was one of the first to call the Xhaka deal and an Egyptian outlet was the first to break the Elneny transfer, so why not an Algerian site for Mahrez?
Obviously we should try not to get too excited until something official comes out but it’s difficult as Mahrez would be a sensational signing for the club. We desperately lacked creativity when Ozil was missing or off form last season and Mahrez was one of the most creative players in the league last year.
He scored 17 goals and provided 10 assists to help Leicester land the title and I think he’d form a devastating attack alongside Ozil and Sanchez if he does end up making the move to Arsenal.
All we need is a top class striker to go with them……