- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
£50m attacker keen on Arsenal move as Wenger holds talks with agent
According to a report in the Daily Star, Julian Draxler is keen to join Arsenal this summer after Arsene Wenger held talks with the German attackers agent over a potential switch to north London.
Draxler has been constantly linked with a move to the Emirates since bursting on to the scene at Schalke but we sat back and watched him join Wolfsburg in a £25m deal last summer.
However, once again the newspapers are suggesting that Wenger has made the 22-year-old a prime target this summer with German publication Bild reporting today that we’re showing a keen interest in a deal that could cost £50m (€60m).
The boss admitted he’s a huge fan of Draxler’s while working as a pundit during Euro 2016 and it looks like we’ve now stepped-up our interest as the Daily Star are reporting that the attackers agent has held talks with Wenger about a move to the Emirates.
The source of the information is Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli, who works for Gazetta dello Sport, and he goes on to claim that Draxler is keen on joining Arsenal but no official bid has been made just yet.
Giulianelli is quoted as saying by the Star:
“Draxler’s agent has been in contact with Wenger though.
“No official bid by Arsenal just yet.”
“Draxler would be very keen on the move: he tried to go to Arsenal for the past 2 years.”
Giulianelli has a mixed history when it comes to transfer news as he was one of the first to report on the Granit Xhaka move but he’s made a number of other questionable claims in recent months.
However, the Draxler story is certainly believable as we know Wenger is a fan and we’re in the market for attacking reinforcements. The youngster can play anywhere across the attacking positions so he could be seen as a potential replacement for either Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – who’ve both been linked with moved this summer.
The reported price-tag of £50m could prove to be a problem though as I’m not sure Arsene would be prepared to meet that figure but hopefully we could agree a deal as Draxler would be an excellent addition to the squad.