- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal duo named in Opta’s Euro 2016 Team of the Tournament
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey have been named in the Opta Team of the Tournament following the completion of Euro 2016 last night.
Opta, the stats giants, compiled data on every player throughout Euro 2016 and based on those statistics, two Gooners have made the ‘Best XI’ of the tournament.
Gareth Bale may have been regarded as the ‘Star Man’ for Wales heading in to the competition but Ramsey was certainly their best player and the stats prove it.
Rambo scored one goal and provided four assists – the joint highest at Eruro 2016 along with Hazard – and he’s made it in to the midfield alongside Germany’s Toni Kroos.
Ozil continued his excellent form for Arsenal in to the European Championships as he created more chances than any other player to help Germany into the semi’s where they lost to France.
Unfortunately Laurent Koscielny didn’t make it but he must have pushed Glik and Chiellini close while Xhaka would surely have been in the mix had Switzerland gone further in the tournament as his stats were immense from the group stages.
Olivier Giroud’s three goals weren’t enough as he missed out to team mate Antoine Griezmann who unsurprisingly leads the line after netting six times while eventual winners (?!) Portugal had two players in the team; goalkeeper Patricio and left-back Guerreiro.
Here is the full Team of the Tournament based on Opta data:
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 11, 2016