- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
[Photo] Arsenal star steps-up injury recovery at London Colney
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has stepped-up his recovery from a knee injury by returning to training at London Colney today.
The 22-year-old endured a frustrating campaign last season after he suffered a serious knee injury during our Champions League first leg clash with Barcelona at the Emirates in February.
The injury not only ended Oxlade-Chamberlain’s season but he was also ruled out of this summers European Championship finals in France, where England crashed out in embarrassing fashion to Iceland.
The Ox has spent much of the summer on holiday in the U.S but posted regular updates showing he was still working out during his time off as he looked to regain fitness ahead of the new season.
In fact, the midfielder has posted a photo on his Instagram account today of him back running at London Colney ahead of pre-season – which officially starts on Monday.
It’s great to see The Ox getting back on the pitch early as it shows he’s determined to get himself fit as soon as possible and hopefully it’s a sign that he’s ready to fight for his place at the club.
There has been lots of speculation suggesting that Arsene Wenger may cut his loses with Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer as he’s not really progressed as we’d have hoped in recent years.
However, I still think there is a top class player in him. We just need to keep him fit and hopefully this will be the season that he’ll really push on and show us all what he can really do.